BREATHING FOR YOGA — UNDERSTAND THE SCIENCE. DEEPEN YOUR PRACTICE.
The New Online Yoga Course for Scientific Breathwork from Oxygen Advantage® Experts, Patrick McKeown and Anastasis Tzanis
- 1-5 NOVEMBER 2021 (SCROLL BELOW FOR CLASS DATES AND TIMES)
- ONLINE TRAINING (LIVE ZOOM CLASSES) + ACCESS TO ONLINE LEARNING PORTAL
- LIVE CLASSES 10AM-12PM & 4PM-6PM LONDON, UK TIME
- INVESTMENT: 995 DOLLARS US
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE TRAINING BEFORE REGISTERING?
JOIN ANASTASIS FOR FREE WEEKLY INTRODUCTORY LIVE YOUTUBE CLASSES EACH THURSDAY 8PM-9PM LONDON, UK TIME
It unites you with the world through the exchange of air in your lungs.
And it provides a unique doorway into every aspect of your manifest being.
During yoga practice, the breath supports movement and balance and brings stillness to the mind. Off the mat, it stays with you, breath by breath, day by day, impacting, informing and inspiring your experience… and your life.
But without an understanding of how the breath works, you can’t fully access its myriad benefits. It’s challenging to reach your full potential, and easy to develop unhealthy habits that increase risk of injury, for you and your students.
If you want to take your practice, or your teaching to the next level, apply new research to ancient techniques and explore the scientific power of breath in yoga…
If you’ve ever been told to “take a big, deep breath…”
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU.
- Learn which asanas improve your breathing biomechanics,
- Discover simple tests to monitor your breathing,
- Correct common myths about the breath,
- Find out how to recover when breath control falters,
- And earn a certification that qualifies you to teach the Oxygen Advantage® breathing method. To students at all levels of experience
WHAT AM I LEARNING?
- A new understanding of how breathing research applies to yoga practice
- The skill set that’s required to guide students through yoga poses, a Pilates class, Pranayama and meditation in a progressive and safe way,
- A breathing technique that enhances your own physical practice and benefits your students,
- The ability to achieve measurable improvements in respiratory function for your students,
- An in-depth understanding of how the biomechanics, biochemistry and psychology of each student affects the breathing, and what you can do about it.
A MESSAGE FROM YOUR TEACHER, ANASTASIS
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT ANASTASIS & PATRICK
MANAGING DIRECTOR AT THE FINANCIAL AND STRATEGIC INVESTOR GROUP OF GOLDMAN SACHS RECOMMENDS ANASTASIS TZANIS | 2019
Anastasis is an incredibly talented yoga instructor. I have been practicing yoga for many years and within a few months of working with him I was able to master postures I had never been able to achieve before. He is very thoughtful in how he structures sessions and is excellent at personalising yoga practice to meet individual needs. Highly recommended!!
GLOBAL CHIEF INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER FOR BURBERRY
RECOMMENDS ANASTASIS TZANIS | 28 APRIL 2020
Anastasis is a superb Yoga teacher.
I studied under him for over 3 years and was constantly impressed by his depth of knowledge, teaching style and ability to tactfully tailor his classes to the ability levels of everyone. Whether you are just starting Yoga or are an experienced practitioner Anastasis can help. I really can’t recommend him enough.
RECOMMENDS PATRICK MCKEOWN | 24 JANUARY 2018
After 30 years of asthma and chronic bronchitis I re-learned how to breathe from Patrick McKeown’s books and videos in 2012. Six years later I’m still doing great and am healthier than ever. I regularly work out vigorously, and I’m feeling physically stronger at 62 than at 32.
RECOMMENDS PATRICK MCKEOWN | 7 APRIL 2019
I have just taken the three day instructor certification and am Completely blown away – have been given answers to deal with a range of clients from obesity thru stroke rehab victims. For my own performance and health related issues it is the answer I’ve been looking for, for so many years! I cannot recommenced Patrick or his method enough – I read the book 1-2 years ago and have been waiting to take the education – am so happy I made the investment
ADJUNCT LECTURER AT BARUCH COLLEGE, FOUNDER OF RIGHT BRAIN JOURNEYS
RECOMMENDS ANASTASIS TZANIS | JANUARY 2021
Anastasis infuses a great blend of knowledge and energy in his teaching. I learned things about breathing that I have never known about or thought to observe before participating in this course. The directions for exercises are very simple and clear. His voice is so pleasant and centering. And I love that each exercise is less less than 10 minutes (some even shorter) as it makes it manageable to incorporate into my morning routine before beginning my work for the day.
I will definitely be making these exercises a part of my daily routine!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- 7 live Zoom online training classes, lasting 2 hours each
- Access to future live classes as often as required, as well as Patrick’s Instructor’s Zoom Q&A sessions scheduled monthly
- The Oxygen Advantage® Instructor Manual Breathing for Yoga (created by Anastasis Tzanis)
- The Oxygen Advantage® Complete Advanced Instructor Manual (created by Patrick McKeown)
- A copy of The Breathing Cure book
- Additional Video Trainings (15 in total) created by Anastasis
- Lifetime access to online training portal and all learning materials including class recordings
- Marketing materials including certified logo
- Direct email access to your trainer Anastasis for support
- Exam entry
- Case studies submission and correction
- Certification as an Oxygen Advantage® Breathing for Yoga Instructor and profile listing on our website
Upon successful completion of your exam, you receive your Certification in Oxygen Advantage® Breathing for Yoga. This gives you immediate access to our branding and marketing materials and the rights to trade as an Advanced Oxygen Advantage® instructor. And your profile will be displayed on our Instructor page at OxygenAdvantage.com, so that your information is available for client searches.
HOW CAN I APPLY THE TRAINING?
“A lot of the people I see as a yoga therapist have anxiety and depression. They’re in chronic pain… Some lead with their structural or physical health issues. Others come because of their anxiety and depression. Regardless, I always teach them functional breathing.” – Robin Rothenberg, yoga therapist and author of Restoring Prana (excerpt from The Breathing Cure by Patrick McKeown). Students come to yoga to find a sense of centeredness and focus. Often, they come because they feel overwhelmed. In this special online yoga course, we approach concentration from 3 dimensions:
- BREATH, AND
- PHYSICAL POSES.
By harnessing the breath, you can help your students improve their concentration over time, as they gain more experience in physical and breathing exercises. This has implications for balancing postures, where proper use of the diaphragm, mental calm and a strong drishti are all vital to stability. In vinyasa yoga — and in life — the breath is an integral part of movement. You’ll learn how to use a vinyasa-based sequence as a foundation for the Oxygen Advantage® breathwork, and a core workout that incorporates functional breathing. You will practice breathing exercises to enhance relaxation, stretch and release the fascia, reduce the heart rate and free the movement of your diaphragm.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF THE COURSE OUTLINE…
CLASS 1: THE SCIENCE OF BREATHING WITH PATRICK MCKEOWN
Monday 1st November 2021 (4pm-6pm London, UK time)
- Screening for breathing pattern disorders in yoga teaching.
- The relationship between breathing patterns and functional movement.
- The science of respiratory physiology.
- Increasing oxygen uptake during movement.
- A practical demonstration of Breathe Light
CLASS 2: THE EXERCISES WITH PATRICK MCKEOWN
Tuesday 2nd November 2021 (4pm-6pm London, UK time)
- Nasal vs. oral breathing during exercise — the science.
- An in-depth examination of each Oxygen Advantage® breathing exercise.
- Addressing exercise-induced asthma and asthma during practice.
- Improving sleep quality for focus and performance, on and off the mat.
CLASS 3: YOGA — OPEN TO ALL WITH ANASTASIS TZANIS
Wednesday 3rd November 2021 (4pm-6pm London, UK time)
- An overview of external respiration
- An overview of cellular respiration
- Assessment of respiratory function in yoga
- Improve the respiratory biomechanics with yoga asanas
- Incorporating breathwork during an asana practice
CLASS 4: YOGA FOR CONCENTRATION WITH ANASTASIS TZANIS
Thursday 4th November 2021 (10am-12pm London, UK time)
• How to increase concentration
• The 5 principles of good breathing in an asana practice
• How to structure a yoga class (using OA exercises)
CLASS 5: VINYASA STYLE YOGA WITH ANASTASIS TZANIS
Thursday 4th November 2021 (4pm-6pm London, UK time)
• The breath during asanas vs. vinyasa
• A progressive approach to breath during movement
• Core activation through the breath
• Vinyasa Breathlessness Test
• How to practice Ujjayi and Pranayama
CLASS 6: RESTORATIVE YOGA WITH ANASTASIS TZANIS
Friday 5th November 2021 (10am-12pm London, UK time)
• Relaxation, enhancing breathing and yoga poses
• Passive yoga poses for diaphragmatic release
• Fascia release for respiration
• Heart rate control during a yoga practice
• Breathing in hot yoga
You will need a foam roller, peanut/lactose ball,
bolster and yoga blocks for this class
CLASS 7: TAILORING YOUR PRACTICE WITH PATRICK MCKEOWN
Friday 5th November 2021 (4pm-6pm London, UK time)
- Stimulating the vagus nerve, and heart rate variability (HRV).
- Breathing for females (hormonally induced changes to respiration and how to manage them).
- Different breathing techniques to up-regulate and downregulate the nervous system.
- Tailoring exercises to individuals.
- Questions and answers
INSTRUCTOR Q&A SESSIONS WITH PATRICK
Join as often as you wish
9th November 10am- 11am London, UK time
29th November 5pm- 6pm London, UK time
As a yogi, you already know about the breath.
But there’s no denying, a deeper understanding of breathing science will give you a stronger foundation for
your practice and teaching.
This course is not designed to replace Pranayama. Or to debunk anything about yoga as you understand it. Instead, it’s an opportunity to learn and understand why the breath is so important, and how you can harness it in your teaching, practice and beyond, to experience its full benefits, mentally and physically.
The ancient Yogis understood the biochemistry of breathing. They used the breath to manipulate the body’s breathing receptors to produce physiological changes. You can learn to do the same.
And in the process, you can expand your practice to incorporate breathwork — an area that’s subject to an explosion in demand worldwide.
To learn more about how functional breathing integrates with yoga, watch Patrick’s interview with Robin Rothenberg, yoga therapist and author of Restoring Prana, A Therapeutic Guide to Pranayama and Healing Through the Breath for Yoga Therapists, Yoga Teachers, and Healthcare Practitioners.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I PRACTICE YOGA BUT I DON’T TEACH IT. CAN I TAKE THE COURSE?
Yes, the course is designed for yoga practitioners too. To get the most out of the online yoga course, it’s best that you have at least one year of yoga practice prior to attending. If you’re new to yoga, experience in other forms of exercise may be relevant. If you have any doubts, please get in touch to discuss whether this course is appropriate for you.
WILL THIS COURSE CERTIFY ME TO TEACH THE OXYGEN ADVANTAGE®?
Yes. Once you have passed the multiple-choice exam, you will receive a certificate from OxygenAdvantage.com. You can then go on to complete your case studies. And we will add your photo, profile and contact details to our list of instructors so that prospective clients can find you. Only certified instructors can market themselves as teaching the Oxygen Advantage® method.
IS THIS A YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE?
No, this course does not qualify you to teach yoga. You receive a certification in breathwork training that you can apply to your yoga.
DO I NEED ANY PRIOR KNOWLEDGE TO TAKE THE TRAINING?
You don’t need any previous experience of breathwork for this training. Patrick and Anastasis will walk you through the foundation and basics of breathing science and its application in yoga, providing step by step recommendations for enhancing your practice and your life.
DO I NEED ANY ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT TO TAKE THIS ONLINE YOGA TRAINING?
In order to take this training, you will need internet access via a computer, tablet or mobile. You’ll also need your regular yoga equipment. But you don’t need any extra gadgets to learn breathwork for yoga.
In Class 6 (Restorative Yoga) we will use the following equipment:
- Foam roller
- Peanut/lactose ball
- Yoga blocks
The foam roller and lactose ball are necessary for fascia release. If you don’t have a bolster or blocks, you can use a blanket instead.
WHAT ARE THE COURSE OBJECTIVES?
On completion of the program, you will:
- Be able to identify dysfunctional breathing patterns,
- Understand dysfunctional breathing and its negative impact on health,
- Have a clear knowledge of respiratory physiology and how to apply this to your yoga practice and/or teaching,
- Be able to teach exercises to decongest the nose and help establish nasal breathing,
- Have the tools to deliver breathing re-education exercises and guidelines to help restore physiologically normal breathing in adults, on and off the mat,
- Know how to incorporate Oxygen Advantage® principles into your physical and breathing yoga practice,
- Understand how to use yoga postures to support the biomechanics of respiration,
- And have access to an ongoing support network of trained Oxygen Advantage® instructors.
IS THERE AN EXAM?
Yes. There is a multiple-choice exam. You can complete this in one sitting or over several sittings. Upon completion of the exam, you must also submit 3 case studies. The completed exam and case studies are required to certify and will be marked and corrected by hand by the Oxygen Advantage® team. Both are downloadable from your online training portal.
DO I RECEIVE A PHYSICAL CERTIFICATE?
Yes, a certificate will be provided to you digitally via email for you to print.
IS THERE FOLLOW UP SUPPORT?
Yes, there is continuous follow up support by email and via our Oxygen Advantage® members Facebook group.
DURING THE COURSE, HOW DO I REACH OUT IF I’M HAVING A PROBLEM OR WANT TO ASK A QUESTION?
You can ask questions during the live classes. In between lessons, you can email your instructors any time.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ONLINE YOGA COURSE AND OTHER OXYGEN ADVANTAGE® TRAINING?
The yoga course takes the practice and theory of the Oxygen Advantage® method and shows you how to apply it directly in your yoga practice. And it dives deep into how you can use yoga to strengthen and release your breathing muscles.
Without this specialist application it can be challenging to know how to apply the breathing exercises in yoga — especially since yoga has many breathing traditions of its own. With clear knowledge of the science of breathing, you’ll be able to make better decisions and understand what breathing exercises can do for you and your students. What’s more, you get not one, but two specialist teachers, in a small class setting.
WHAT ELSE WILL I GET?
The benefits don’t end once you’ve finished the course. As a certified Oxygen Advantage® instructor, your initial investment of $995 buys you ongoing access to:
- Full use of the Oxygen Advantage® royalty-free images, marketing materials and logo
- Listing as a certified Instructor on the OxygenAdvantage.com website, with a personal profile so that clients can find you, and the option to list your upcoming trainings
- Trademark status for the name “Oxygen Advantage®” in Europe, North America and Australia when teaching the Oxygen Advantage® (in order that the original breathing exercises are taught in a safe and effective way, the Oxygen Advantage® method can only be taught by Oxygen Advantage® certified instructors)
- Ongoing individual follow-up support via email and Facebook
- Membership of our exclusive Oxygen Advantage® Instructors Facebook Group where you can ask for feedback, connect with other instructors and share information and ideas
- The opportunity to join our affiliate marketing program
- And lifetime access to your training portal
HOW CAN I APPLY THE TRAINING IN MY PROFESSIONAL LIFE?
Once you have passed the exam, it’s up to you how you use the training. This online yoga course may be the missing link that takes your yoga business to the next level. Or you may decide to make breathing training the focal point for your practice.
You will have the tools to teach breathing classes for asthma, high stress and sleep disorders. You can offer workshops exploring the concepts of light, slow and deep breathing for yoga asana practice. Some instructors teach the Oxygen Advantage® techniques as a standalone, while others integrate them into their existing work.
The Oxygen Advantage® is a technique that can be incorporated into most settings in which you want to optimize breathing to improve mental health, sleep quality, respiration and exercise performance. Once you have the skills, you can apply them to your students, your yoga practice, and your own life in any way you want.
I’M ALREADY CERTIFIED OR TRAINING AS AN OXYGEN ADVANTAGE INSTRUCTOR® AND WANT TO UPGRADE TO THIS TRAINING. IS THIS POSSIBLE?
- If you are certified or training in Oxygen Advantage® Functional Breathing, your investment to join this training will be $600 US.
- If you are certified or training in Oxygen Advantage® Advanced Virtual Only, your investment to join this training will be $400 US.
If you are an existing Functional Breathing or Advanced Virtual Only Instructor and wish to upgrade to this training, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include your full name and current level of certification in your email and we’ll reach out to help.