My name is Andrew Smyth. I am a Sports Development Professional with 16 years experience in the sports and fitness industry in Scotland. I grew up and have lived most of my adult life as a habitual mouth breather, and suffered a number of health and performance issues due to this. At 40 I was able to restore functional breathing through the Oxygen Advantage. Now that I am benefitting from the increased energy, improved mood and better athletic endurance I want to share this with as many people as possible.
There are so many ways and scenarios in which functional breathing can help and I would like to work with:
- Teachers – to support better attention, behavior and creating a calm environment in the classroom.
- Amateur runners/cyclists – helping them to get more benefit from their exercise that supports their overall health and wellbeing.
- Sports Coaches – to support growth of knowledge and understanding of the importance of the breath on athletic performance. I would like to work with coaches on integrating breath practices into sessions and athletes’ wider lifestyle to support performance.
- Performance athletes – help them to understand the importance of functional breathing and understand the impact this will have on their performance. I would like to work with athletes to integrate breathing exercises into their practice and wider lifestyle.
- Corporate leaders – to support the health and well-being of staff in order to improve performance.
I want to impact lives through improving how people breathe. I would like to work with children, teachers, young athletes, amateur runners and performance athletes in order to support functional breathing whilst integrating techniques into their lives to allow better breathing which will lead to better performance both in and out of the competitive arena.