The Science of Breathing
THE OXYGEN ADVANTAGE® method is formed of two key pillars — functional breathing and exercises to simulate training at high altitude.
Read the science behind the breathing techniques and find out how you can apply the exercises for better health, wellbeing and sports performance.
TAKE A DEEP DIVE INTO THE SCIENCE OF BREATHING, AND LEARN ABOUT:
FUNCTIONAL BREATHING TRAINING
- Nasal Breathing While Running
- Stimulate your Vagus nerve
- Breathing Pattern Disorders in Sports
- Measure and reduce breathlessness during physical exercise
- Improve nose breathing to improve arterial oxygen uptake
- Breathing and Posture
- Improve tolerance to reduced oxygen and increased carbon dioxide
- Help prevent exercise induced asthma
HIGH ALTITUDE SIMULATION
- Delay the onset of fatigue and lactic acid
- Improved repeat sprint ability for team sports- rugby, football etc.
- Improve respiratory muscle strength
- Improve aerobic capacity
- Increase production of EPO (Erythropoietin) safely and legally
- Improve running economy and running time
- Improve swimming performance
- Reduce Oxidative Stress